Our home is set in a semi-rural area two miles outside St. Austell town centre and offers five guest bedrooms. One of the bedrooms ('Desirable') is located outside the main house in the courtyard area, and is suitable for wheelchair access and disabled guests.
The house is exquisitely decorated and has many features one would only expect in top rated hotels. However, there is no lift and the four bedrooms within the main house are on the first floor, which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility.
The house is built on flat/level ground with easy access, with assistance, up two small steps into the house from the parking area.
The ground floor rooms and dining/breakfast room is suitable for wheelchair users (one short step down from the living area).
- We are located at the end of a narrow lane leading past three other houses. Our location is peaceful and fairly remote and not ideally suited to those travelling without a car.
- The nearest shops are approximately 1/2 mile away.
- The nearest bus stop is just across the main road about 100 yards from our front door. Buses run hourly to the main station in St. Austell and the service stops in the evening.
- The nearest railway station is either Par or St. Austell, both approximately 1 mile away. Taxis are always available at the stations, but we can book one for you in advance whenever required.
- There are several local taxi companies; we can make bookings in advance for you.
- We are unable to accommodate dogs.
- Brochures and menus can be provided in large print if required. We regret we do not have facilites to prepare documents in braille.
- Our website www.anchoragehouse.co.uk provides pictures of our accommodation and further information about the services we provide.
- You can contact us by telephone, e-mail or fax. Please see the "Contact Information" section of this document for full details.
Arrival and Car Parking
- We can provide assistance with wheelchairs access if required.
- To ensure your accommodation is ready we ask that guests not arrive before 3:30 PM. However, earlier arrival may be possible by arrangement.
- Our courtyard parking area is on a level, gravel drive in front of the main door. To enable easy exit, we find it best to park straight in to the side buildings and not in to the front of the house.
- Our new disabled-friendly bedroom ('Desirable') is in the front courtyard area and is easily accessible in a wheelchair from a walkway and ramp. It has a tiled floor, huge bed, large wet-room/bathroom with roll-in deluge shower and large free-standing bath, raised toilet, and 42-inch television.
- We offer assistance with luggage.
- There are two separated steps of 6 inches each up to the front door, but we have a mobile ramp that makes wheelchair access easy with help.
- The front door is usually open, but please knock or ring the doorbell on your initial arrival.
Guest Accommodation - General Information
- The guest bedrooms in the main house are all on the first floor and are adequate for guests with mild mobility problems. Guests with more serious mobility problems will find our 'Desirable' bedroom in the front courtyard very adequate and luxurious.
- The entrance and grand hallway lead into the guest lounge.
- Our front and other entrance doors are all 83 cm wide or larger and bedroom doors are at least 78 cm wide and all suitable for wheelchair access.
- There is a small step down from the guest lounge into the dining area where breakfast and supper is served.
- Off the grand hall is the stairway leading up to the four bedrooms on the first floor. The stairs are carpeted. It has 13 steps and a strong hand rail. Assistance up and down can be easily arranged.
- In the 'Sensational' suite, there is another stairway with 12 steps to its second floor bedroom.
- There is a hand rail on one side of these stairs.
- There is a toilet on the ground floor by the front door and a frame surround is available for the toilet.
- The House is centrally heated throughout and temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements.
- Each bedroom has a fan and electric heater for guest to employ when necessary.
Lounge and Dining Room
- Guests are welcome to use the lounge at any time.
- The guest lounge has two sofas and two chairs, as well as a small writing desk. Straight backed chairs can be moved in if desired. This room also has a music system and lots of local information, maps, magazines and other reading material for guest's enjoyment.
- The lounge is carpeted and has a gas fire during cold weather.
- Breakfast and evening meals are served in the glass room just off the guest lounge.
- The dining room has a tile floor with a two seat sofa for relaxing.
- We are not licensed for the sale of alcohol, but guests are welcome to bring their own favourite drinks.
- All four bedrooms in the main house are on the first floor. All of them are carpeted throughout, but 'Sensational' has a wood-floored sitting room.
- There are en suite facilities in all bedrooms. The three main bedrooms have both shower and separate free-standing bath, WC and wash basin(s), but 'Pleasurable' only has a power shower and toilet ensuite with in-room basin.
- The wheelchair-friendly/disabled guest bedroom 'Desirable' located in the front courtyard area has a tile floor throughout with luxury wet room/bathroom area designed with wheelchair access in mind.
- Tea and coffee facilities, refrigerator with fresh milk, and bottled water are provided.
- We also provide a hair dryer, torch, CD/DVD players, large LCD/plasma televisions, robes, foot ware for the pool, sewing materials, a selection of books and magazines and a basic first aid kit.
- Our beds are normally made with duvets and top sheet. We tend to have feather duvets during the winter and synthetic during the summer. All pillows are synthetic.
- Synthetic duvets, wool or cotton blankets are available if preferred. Please specify before your arrival if required.
- There is a closet or wardrobe with 12 wood/padded hangers and a chest of drawers in each room.
- Our bedrooms are large enough to accommodate additional seating.
- There is a folder in each bedroom which contains further information about the House and details of emergency contacts including fire response, doctors and hospitals.
- This classic room is our smallest and least expensive bedroom, and is located to the right at the top of the stairs facing out to the front courtyard (away from the road in the back of the house).
- There is a small power shower and no bath.
- This room has a 5 foot, king-sized antique French bed with access from both sides, but only one side from a wheelchair.
- This premier room is to the left at the top of the stairs and faces out to the front courtyard.
- There is an ultra-modern, luxury bathroom with two basins, huge free-standing bath and separate, large, one-metre square power shower.
- This room is normally made up as a super-king bed, but can be made into two 3-foot single beds.
- When made up as two singles the beds cannot be accessed from a wheelchair.
- This luxury mini-suite faces the back garden and road. It has triple glazed windows and is very quiet while they are closed.
- It is very large with two leather chairs, dressing table, walk-in wardrobe and large chest.
- This room has a very large super-king (2 metre-wide) brass bed, which can be accessed by wheelchair from both sides.
- The ensuite bathroom has a free-standing bath and separate one metre square power shower.
- This luxury suite has a separate sitting room separated from the bedroom up a set of stairs on the second floor.
- There are two ('His and Her') bathrooms; a shower room off the downstairs sitting room and a full bathroom off the bedroom.
- This bedroom has a super-king (six foot wide) bed, dormer windows and skylights, mirrored chest and bedside tables, and wall wardrobe.
- The main bathroom has a large, oval free-standing bath and the downstairs shower room has a large power shower.
- This outside courtyard luxury, wheelchair-friendly/disabled bedroom is new and very luxurious.
- There is a very large, super-king bed (2 metre wide) bed that is accessible from both sides from a wheelchair.
- The ensuite wet room/bathroom has both a free-standing bath and roll-in deluge shower.
- The entire room is tiled for easy wheelchair use.
- We have a large back garden with lawns, evergreen hedge, rock garden, water fall and brick patio. It is accessible through the glass room/conservatory down two steps. Wheelchair access is best obtained through the side entrance (down one step) and pathway back to the lawn area and brick pathway into the patio.
- Guests are very welcome to enjoy our garden during the afternoon and early evening (i.e., 3:30 to 7:30 PM) or during the breakfast hour (i.e., 8-9 AM).
- There is one step of 6 inches into the side access to the back garden.
- There is wheelchair access into the swimming and leisure complex up one step from the patio area.
- Sun loungers and gardens chairs are available for guests.
- There are fire extinguishers in the entrance hall and at the top of the landing stairs, as well as in the kitchen and plant room in the back garden.
- In the event of a fire a very loud bell will ring outside the four bedrooms in the house. In the outside courtyard bedroom ('Desirable') a loud smoke alarm will sound inside the bedroom. Please advise us if you have a hearing impairment and might not hear this.
- The primary evacuation route in the main house is via the front/entrance door at the left of the main stairway. Secondary exits are through the utility room next to the office off the main hall, or out the door through the guest lounge and out either of the two sets of French doors leading to the back garden. In an emergency there is also an exit via our kitchen which is to the right at the bottom of the stairs.
- We do not permit smoking or candle burning in the house or courtyard bedroom, but you may smoke in our garden. Please request and ash tray and do not drop cigarette butts in the garden or parking area.
- We are happy to cater for special diets or any particular likes or dislikes. Please advise us of these before your arrival.
- We have refrigerators in every room where any medication you have can be stored. You can also keep perishables (such as Cornish clotted cream!) in your fridge throughout your stay.
- Mobile phone reception at Anchorage House is generally available, and always outside the house in the courtyard or back garden. In an emergency, we can make landline calls for you, but we may charge you for it.
- Address: Anchorage House, Nettles Corner, Boscundle, Tregrehan Mills, St. Austell, Cornwall, England, UK, PL25 3RH.
- Telephone/fax number: 01726 814071 (primary) and 01726 813462 (fax and telephone). When we are away from home please leave a message on our answer machine and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Mobile Phone: Not used for business.
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- Website: www.anchoragehouse.co.uk
- We are open from March through November, but do take occasional days off.
If you require further details or have any comments about the services we provide do not hesitate to contact us.